5 Like 0 Dislike
Join Matthew Palmer as he takes you through the stages of painting a 30 minute watercolour masterpiece. This time he demonstrates a lake side mountain scene. With trees, reflections and reeds. View 100's more watercolours videos at: http://www.watercolour.tv/video-lessons
George Clausen: A collection of 174 paintings (HD) Description: "The son of a painter of Danish descent, Sir George Clausen was born in London. He studied at the South Kensington School of Art from 1873 - 75 and then visited Belgium and Holland between 1875-76. Influenced initially by Dutch painting and Whistler during the 1870s, he transferred his allegiance to Jules Bastien-Lepage and the French plein-air school of painting in the early 1880s. Closely identifying with English rural life, he favoured naturalism during this period as a technique of what he called 'studied impartiality' with its emphasis on literal representation rather than narrative content. For a few months in 1883, he studied at the Academie Julian under Adolphe William Bouguereau. During the 1890s, Clausen became increasingly aware of the limitation of rustic naturalism. Influenced by the French Impressionists, he developed a more fluent style, showing a renewed interest in figural expression and movement, and a preoccupation with the play of sunlight and shade. Following his marriage in 1881, he settled first in Berkshire and then in Essex where the surrounding scenery inspired much of his work. From 1876-1943, he exhibited regularly at the royal Academy; he was a founder member of the New English Art Club in 1886 although he ceased to exhibit there following his election as an Associate of the Royal Academy in 1895 and a Royal Academician in 1908." --- SUBSCRIBE: www.youtube.com/c/LearnFromMasters?sub_confirmation=1 Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LearnFromMasters/ Google+: https://plus.google.com/+LearnFromMasters Contact: LearnFromMasters01@gmail.com --- Thanks for all support!
To learn how happiness is a choice rather than something to pursue, you may be interested in Prof G's book "Authentic Happiness in Seven Emails" - http://amzn.to/2ml94yz. Professor Galindo uses this video on Why Denmark is the Happiest Country as prompt for discussions in his Philosophy and Humanities courses. For Speaking Engagements - http://www.javygalindo.com/contact-me/ **Prof G Books** +Authentic Happiness in Seven Emails (Audiobook) - http://amzn.to/2lUCb0h +The Power of Thinking Differently (Kindle/Paperback) -http://amzn.to/2mTPNIE +The Happiness Habit (ebook) - http://goo.gl/Yb73XS **Follow Prof G** +Website - http://www.javygalindo.com +FB - http://www.facebook.com/javywg +Twitter - http://www.twitter.com/jwgthink
Web vidéo reportage au sein de l'Atelier de Francis Glénat Artiste Peintre Réalisation de films sur le travail d'artistes et artisans : Web18 / Sandra Boulou : http://www.Web18.net et http://www.Webvideo.fr
Aleksey Antropov (1716-1795) - A collection of paintings and drawings 2K HD Silent slideshow Alexei Petrovich Antropov (Russian: Алексей Петрович Антропов; 25 March [O.S. 14 March] 1716 – 23 June [O.S. 12 June] 1795) was a Russian painter active primarily in St. Petersburg, where he was born and died. He also worked in Moscow and frescoed churches in Kiev. His preferred medium was oil, but he also painted miniatures and icons. Alexei was born to the family of a government official who worked in the Armory and in the "Канцелярия от строений" (Chancellory of Buildings). Beginning in 1732, Alexei worked at the Chancellory under his relative Andrey Matveyev. After 1739 he was a member of the "painting team" of the Chancellory under Ivan Vishnyakov. As a member of the team Alexei took part in the frescoeing of the Summer Palace, Winter Palace, Anichkov Palace and other buildings of Saint Petersburg. He also studied portrait art from the court painter Louis Caravaque of France. In 1749 Alexei received the rank of the Painter's Apprentice and at the end of the 1750s the rank of the Master Painter. In 1752-1755 he worked on the interiors of the St Andrew's Church of Kiev. He supervised the installation of the iconostasis and frescoed cupolas and walls. The most prominent of his frescoes in the church is the Last Supper in the altar. He started to paint portraits before his Kiev period. The earliest known portraits of his are portraits of Elizabeth of Russia. He did not meet his model, but based the paintings on the works of his teacher, Louis Caravaque. From 1755 to 1757 he worked in Moscow frescoeing the Golovkin palace. Here he met prince Ivan Shuvalov who supported Antropov's work for the rest of his life. From 1757 to 1759 Antropov returned to Saint-Petersburg and obtained further instruction from court painter Pietro Rotari of Italy. Historians consider his portrait of A.M. Izmaylova to be a sort of a graduation work. The 1760s were probably the most productive period of the artist. He painted many good portraits among the Portrait of Ataman Krasnoschekov, Portrait of Rumyantseva. Ivan Shuvalov planned to move him to Moscow, so Antropov could teach art the Moscow University. For some reason this plan was cancelled and Antropov instead got the job at the Synod of the Russian Orthodox Church, there he supervised icon painting, decorated the churches, drew the portraits of church hierarchs and supervised art students. Among his apprentices was Dmitry Levitzky, who actually lived in his teacher's house. In 1762 Peter III of Russia became the new Emperor. Antropov soon became his favorite painter. For the six months of Peter III's rule, Antropov painted at least four of his portraits. After the palace revolt, the new Empress, Catherine II had a much lower opinion of Antropov's talents. At that time, artists preferred a soft combinations of colors and some flattering for the ceremonial portraits. Antropov preferred the traditional icon and parsuna portraits, based on a sharp contrast of colors with a dark background. In 1789 Antropov made a personal sacrifice, transferring his only house to the Department of Education for organizing a Free School there. In 1795 Antropov died of a fever and was buried in the Tikhvin Cemetery at the Alexander Nevsky Monastery, in Saint Petersburg. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aleksey_Antropov
A collection of paintings and drawings in 2K HD. A silent slideshow
Carl Frederik Peder Aagaard (29 January 1833, Odense – 2 November 1895, Copenhagen) was a Danish landscape painter and decorative artist. Many of his paintings focused on spots frequented by tourists
He was the son of a shoemaker. He had his first painting lessons in Odense but, in order to improve his skills, moved to Copenhagen in 1852 and joined his brother Johan (da), who was a woodcutter.
He studied drawing on wood and etching, along with lessons in decorative painting from Georg Hilker. He also took some classes at the Royal Danish Academy of Fine Arts. Soon, he decided to focus on landscape painting and studied with P.C. Skovgaard.
Together with Hilker, he decorated the entrance hall at the Royal Veterinary and Agricultural University, which has recently been restored. With Heinrich Hansen, he painted decorative borders for works by Wilhelm Marstrand in the chapel at Roskilde Cathedral. By himself, he worked at Frijsenborg, the Dagmar Theater (da) and the National Scala.
As a landscape painter, he had his first exhibit in 1857 and was awarded the Neuhausenske Prize (da). In 1865, he became the first recipient of the Sødringske Opmuntrings Prize (da) for landscape painters with his work depicting an autumn morning at the Jægersborg Dyrehave, which was purchased by the National Gallery of Denmark. During the 1870s, he made two extended trips to Italy to sketch landscapes.
In 1858, he married Anna Pio (1836-1929); posthumously-born daughter of the violinist, Pierre Theodore Pio (1810-1836). In 1874, he was elected a member of the Royal Academy. Five years later, he was appointed Knight of the Order of the Dannebrog and, in 1892, became a Professor.
His home was designed by the architect, Vilhelm Dahlerup, using stones from the original Royal Danish Theater, which had recently been demolished to make way for a new one. The house was declared a cultural monument in 1977.